A message from Grace Ward
Director of Foreign Exchange at MIS
Midtown International School is a school unlike any other.
Every day, students walk through the doors eager to learn and excited to take on new challenges. At MIS, we offer a wide variety of classes to our students of all grade levels, with the list continuing to grow yearby-year.
In these classes, teachers present material through problem-based instruction, in which students are given the tools to think creatively and collaboratively in order to design and evaluate possible solutions to real-world problems. These classes are geared specifically towards academically gifted students who thrive in a critical thinking environment.
Some classes that your children may take part in during their exchange include:
- Culinary Arts
- 3D Design and Printing
- Advanced Coding
- Computer Networking
- Molecular Biology
- … and many more…
Some other features that make MIS unique are:
- Our philosophy. At MIS, we believe that no one waits to learn. No matter what your child’s unique gifts are, they will have the chance to flourish and fulfill their potential at our school.
- Our appreciation of global mindedness. All students in grades five and up have the chance to travel internationally with our school every year. On each trip, they gain international perspectives through an extended curricular experience, which allows them to grow as global citizens and compassionate problem-solvers. We also offer multiple language classes for students to take, including Spanish, Mandarin, French, German, and Hebrew.
- Our student to teacher ratio. We believe that small class sizes allow for greater learning to occur. For this reason, our class sizes never exceed 12 students. In addition, all of our teachers are certified in gifted education.
- Our extracurricular offerings. We have additional programs available after school to fit all interests. These classes include robotics, sewing, chess, soccer, cross country, and basketball, just to name a few.
- Our physical location. As one of the largest and most diverse cities in the United States, Atlanta has an endless variety of places to go and things to do. Some of our favorite field trips include the CNN Headquarters, the Human Rights Museum, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
We look forward to our partnership with each of you and your families in Madrid!
To find out more about what we have to offer at MIS, please visit:
- MIS Web Site
- MIS Faculty and Staff
- MIS Blog
- MIS Facebook Page
- MIS Instagram
- MIS Linkedin
- MIS Twitter